I did some grocery shopping to supplement the groceries I bought at Deep Roots Market earlier this week.
Here’s what I bought:
- Organic free-range chicken wings from W&S Peterson Family Farms
- A small coconut tart and a small spinach tart from a woman on the first aisle from the back – darn it, what is her name? Somebody help me out, here. Norah Glantz? Anyway, they are a regular treat for us on Saturday mornings.
- Yukon Gold potatoes from Weatherhand Farm.
- Shiitake mushrooms from Dark Hollow Farm.
- Jalapeno pear relish from Doc Lee.
- Dreamsicle soap from Mimi’s Soaps.
- Two basil plants, since my basil is growing too slowly to suit me.
It’s great to know where your food is grown and produced. Putting a face with the food is what makes Slow Food so exciting for me!